Companies face many challenges when designing successful testing strategies for their enterprise applications. Incomplete or flawed test data from inaccurate testing can cause application failure and widespread disruption. Building test environments can be labor-intensive, expensive and do not guarantee success, but companies compromising on testing risk losing customers, market share – and damaging their reputations.
How Silk Test can help
Borland Silk Test® is the most reliable, efficient test automation solution for functional testing and regression testing of enterprise software applications. Automated tests can be created without coding, enabling software testers to keep up with the pace of development, and developers to create tests in their IDE of choice.
Powerful automation is the perfect solution for regression, cross-platform, and localization testing. It works across all technologies including AJAX, Web 2.0, Java, .NET, client/server, terminal host, and SAP systems.
Silk Test boosts productivity with easy management of changes in the Application Under Test (AUT). Powerful testing frameworks increase the reusability of tests, so more time can be spent on expanding test coverage and optimizing quality.
- Reduced R&D costs. Minimize test and fix cycles and put resources to better use.
- Improved ROI. Greater access to test creation and execution for more team members and collaboration in the quality process.
- Leverage current investments. Reduce investment in multiple tools and training and enable confidence as technologies change.
- Quick user adoption. Easy to use role-based automation interfaces.
Silk Test in detail
Easy, full spectrum support for web applications
Silk Test supports all major Web 2.0 environments including Apache Flex, Microsoft Silverlight, and HTML/AJAX. It facilitates testing of today’s modern web applications by supporting synchronization modes for HTML or AJAX.
Simple web pages can be tested with HTML mode. If more complex scenarios with Java script are used the AJAX mode eliminates the need to manually script synchronization functions.
Cross-browser testing for web applications
With Silk Test, a single test script can be created and used to test against Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Mobile Chrome on Android. This removes the need to build separate test logic for handling different browser type or version behavior. Test case logic remains focused on the use case, and test development time can be cut by up to 80% while test scripts become more easily maintainable.
Configuration testing in the Cloud
Do you need to test your Web 2.0 application on a huge variety of configurations? Silk4J and Silk Central Connect can take care of this for you, by executing tests on different configurations (platforms, browsers), including pre-configured structures within the Amazon Cloud.
Reliable and robust test automation
Silk Test quickly automates complex business workflows - even those built using different technologies - and includes modern, highly dynamic user experience capabilities. Silk Test can react when systems fail while being tested and offers unique features for running tests in an unattended 24/7 mode. Any errors are logged and the application is restored to its original base state.
With its industry leading robust object recognition, Silk Test eliminates the risk of test scripts breaking when Applications Under Test (AUT) are modified. A powerful recorder improves the ability to quickly develop test automation frameworks, and these do not need to change as the application changes or is localized.
Reduce costs and the risk of low application quality
Ensure the quality of business applications by automating functional and regression tests – and running them in a variety of scenarios, with different data, in less time. With Silk Test you can automate manual test scenarios and run them autonomously.
Efficient test creation and test cycles
Silk Test offers easy-to-use, code free testing, with built-in workflow and logic wizards. Create, customize, and execute tests with Silk Test’s intuitive interface, or leverage the Eclipse IDE or Visual Studio .NET. There is comprehensive support for web, Java, or .Net and test cases can be reused in different environments and scenarios without changing test scripts.
Maximize test throughout
Today’s release cycles are increasingly short and automated test cycles are often run out of hours. Silk Test’s execution is the fastest in the industry with optimizations based on native implementation of search algorithms and sophisticated caching mechanisms.
Collaborative test automation development
Silk Test provides the right interfaces – visual, script based or IDE powered – for business analysts, domain experts, QA teams, automation engineers, and developers to collaborate. Silk Test provides the interface to suit your users through Workbench, Silk4J or Silk4NET.
- Support for AJAX/Flex/Web 2.0, Java, .NET, client/server, and host systems
- Enhanced custom control support
- Multi-browser support without script modification
- Support for testing of host systems through Rumba support
- Visual testing and scenario-based workflow for instant productivity
- Embedded VB .Net scripting language for advanced test case scenarios
- Silk4J™ Eclipse plug-in for Java developers
- Silk4Net™ Microsoft Visual Studio plug-in for .Net developers
- Active Data for testing business logic functionality using externally stored data
- Powerful editing capabilities enable rapid test customization and automation infrastructure development
- Project Workspaces for organizing and sharing test information
- Debugger and diagnostics of script actions from the end-user perspective
- Support for local and remote test execution spanning multiple machines
- Integration with Borland Silk Central Test Manager for advanced, process-oriented test management and issue tracking
- Industry leading Open Agent technology with fully automatic event synchronization
- Integration with Borland Silk Central Connect for configuration testing in the Cloud
Hardware and software requirements
- Microsoft Windows Server (2008, 2008 R2, 2012)
- Microsoft Windows (XP SP3, Vista SP 2, 7, 7 SP1, 8, 8.1)
- Intel® or AMD DualCore processor running at 2GHz
- 2GB of RAM
- 2GB of free disk space
|Browser GUIs||Rich Internet Applications||Web Browser||Java GUIs (32 and 64 bit)||.NET GUIs (32 and 64-bit)||Native GUIs (32 and 64-bit)||ERP||Green screen support|
Java (32 and 64-bit)
Microsoft .NET CLR, 3.0,
|Win32||SAP (SAPGUI client 7.10,7.20, and 7.30) andeCATT integration||Rumba 8.1, 8.2, 8.3, 9.0|